That time of the year is finally here and many of us will soon be traveling for the holidays! While the holidays are one of the best times of the year, we all know that traveling during this time can be expensive, busy, and stressful. There are ways to make traveling much more manageable and we wanted to provide you with some travel tips that will help ease the stress, and allow you to have the best holiday season possible.
- Contact a travel agent before beginning to plan any details of your trip. An agent will help guide you towards the lowest priced flights, hotel rooms, rentals, and all other types of accommodations that go quickly during the holiday season.
- Avoid peak travel dates to save the cost of airfare, if you are able to do so.
- Leave for the airport a few hours ahead of your scheduled flight. Busy travel times means longer lines and more chances to push you behind schedule.
- When flying, be sure not to wrap any presents when carrying them on board. All wrapped packages are subject to inspection so it’s always better to leave wrapping for when you arrive at your destination.
- If you have many gifts that need to go along with you, consider shipping them to your destination in advance to avoid extra baggage fees.
- Pack light so you can save both time and energy. Some airlines also place restrictions to what you can and cannot bring during the holiday season so make sure to check for details before you get to the airport.
- Always keep an eye on your luggage at all times during your travels to ensure your belongings will not be stolen during such a busy and high traffic time.
- Before you leave, be sure to safely secure your home. Make sure to lock all windows and doors, set an alarm system if you have one, and notify close family or friends that you will be away so they can let you know if there is any suspicious activity.
Do you have any travel tips that will help during the holiday season? Share them below!