Booking the right hotel can make all the difference. Whether you spend a lot or a little amount of time in the room, investing in a decent hotel is important. If you’re walking around all day you’ll be happy to have a comfortable, clean hotel to relax in at the end of the day. And if you’re have a relaxing day, you wouldn’t want to ruin it by coming back to hotel where you won’t get a good sleep. Here are our tips to finding the right hotel.
- If you are a frequent traveler, it may be good idea to get a hotel credit card so you can use points, get upgrades, and sometimes get a small gift at check-in.
- When you check in at the hotel, ask if there are any upgraded rooms available. You may be able to get an upgrade for a small fee, or even for free.
- As long as your destination doesn’t have some event going on, like a convention, booking a last minute hotel can get you great prices since they want to fill the rooms.
- If you are trying to stay at hostels, read reviews to learn about the cleanliness, safety, and more. Nowadays many hostels can be pretty similar a regular hotel, just without the front desk.
- Look on a map to find out walking or driving distances to attractions. You may find a hotel in town for a cheap price but it may not be anywhere near the part of town you actually want to be in.
- Decide if you want a room with a view. If you won’t be in the room much, it may not be worth it.
- Come up with a list of amenities you want included, like a pool, free breakfast, or Wi-Fi.
- Pick one travel booking website to start your research. Go through the list and write down several ones you’d consider. Then, move on to another similar website and see how the prices compare.
- Work with a travel agent to ensure that your trip and accommodations are catered to you and exactly how you would like your trip to be!
Once you find the perfect hotel, you won’t want to lose that investment. Consider a travel protection plan to help protect all of your pre-paid, non-refundable trip costs. Visit www.travelinsured.com to learn more about our plans and to get a quote.