Staying healthy while traveling is easier than you’d think. Even though your normal routine is disrupted, there are precautions you can take that will help you stay in good health. Here are some tips to help you have a good trip and avoid getting sick.
- Carry disinfecting wipes with you to clean items like airplane trays, TV remotes, and your phone.
- Getting enough sleep helps your body stay healthy. Try to have a somewhat regular sleep schedule, especially if there are time zone changes. Use a white noise app if you have a hard time falling asleep.
- Avoid using technology during the hour before you go to sleep. There is a blue light that is emitted from screens that’s known to keep the brain alert, making it harder to fall asleep. Don’t check your phone, watch TV, or look through photos on your camera – they all emit the blue light!
- If you’re working while traveling, don’t sit the whole time if possible. Stand up, walk around, and stretch your legs. If you need to get exercise during the trip, you can go for run or to the hotel gym (or pay a small fee at a local gym if your hotel doesn’t have their own).
- Don’t use vacations as an excuse to eat differently than usual. If you don’t eat fast food or greasy food at home, you shouldn’t start during your trip – it’ll just upset your stomach. Stock up on healthy snacks (fruits, veggies, nuts, etc.) so you don’t have to eat junk food between meals and on-the-go.
- Consider purchasing a travel protection plan. Whether you get sick before the trip or during the trip, travel insurance may help protect your travel investment.
How do you stay healthy while traveling? Let us know in the comments below!