It’s official – the NFL playoffs are finally set and with just 12 teams left, each team is hoping have their dreams come true and become Super Bowl XLVIII champions in 2014. There is about a month until Super Bowl XLVIII, and tens of thousands of fans planning are planning to travel to Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, for the game. Last year, the Super Bowl cost fans anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 each for flights, hotel stay, food and football fan gear. If you want to have fun as well as cut some costs you have to stay ahead of the game. Here are a few tips if you plan on traveling to Super Bowl XLVIII this year!
· If you plan on going to the Super Bowl no matter which teams will be playing, be sure to book your flight and make reservations ASAP. Prices will only increase as we get closer to game time.
· If you are traveling from one of the cities whose teams are playing in the game, immediately try and book your travel plans once it has been announced. The prices of the flights will quickly increase because of the demand.
· If you are looking to save on flights, be sure to check surrounding airports. Check all of New York airports including JFK, Newark, and LaGuardia.
· When looking for accommodations, be sure to look in several surrounding towns all the way from New York to New Jersey. Just be sure to factor in rental cars or cab expenses.
· The most expensive part of the trip is often the flight home. If you can afford to take an extra day off, you might be able to save a large portion on airfare.
· Super Bowl XLVIII will mark the first time in NFL history that the game will be held outside in a cold-weather environment – pack warm clothes accordingly!
Are you planning on traveling for the Super Bowl? Let us know any tips you think would be helpful!